Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 8 Hansard (24 August) . . Page.. 3743..
(4) 185 hazardous and 115 dead trees have been removed from 1 July 2011 to 10 May 2012.
(5) Canberra Connect received the following tree related calls:
Year Tree related calls to Canberra Connect Percentage of
overall calls (a) 2009-10 13,492 1.72% (b) 2010-11 13,906 1.75% (c) 2011-12 7,769 1.27%
(6) Canberra Connect records calls under the topic 'trees' and there is therefore no data available regarding the number of calls specifically related to dead or dangerous trees.
All calls to Canberra Connect regarding dead or dangerous trees result in a tree inspection. Requests categorised as urgent are actioned within 48 hours. For general tree related enquiries the Directorate aims to assess and prioritise these jobs within 30 working days.
(7) TAMS is unable to provide an answer to this question as the number of reports does not correlate to the number of trees included in each report.
Roads—Ellenborough Street (Question No 2398)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 10 May 2012:
(1) What public works remain to be completed on Ellenborough Street, Lyneham with regard to kerbing, guttering and footpaths.
(2) What is the estimated cost of these remaining works.
(3) Are these works already listed in a schedule of works to be completed; if so, when; if not, why not.
(4) Has money already been allocated for the purposes of the completion of Ellenborough Street; if so, how much.
(5) Does the Government have any plans to duplicate Ellenborough Street in the foreseeable future.
(6) Has the completion of Ellenborough Street been delayed due to storm water issues; if so, can the Minister provide details.
(7) Is the Government aware of high incidence of illegal U-turns in Ellenborough Street; if so, (a) what plans does the Government have to address this problem and (b) is the area policed regarding this problem; if so, what have been the results.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows: