Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 8 Hansard (24 August) . . Page.. 3734..
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Government's first priority is to deliver new ACT Government office accommodation in Gungahlin. Further announcements on the process for Civic will be made in due course.
(2) Since the 2006/07 financial year the Economic Development Directorate has expended $4.001 million on the Government Office Block project, this has includes work that has informed the Gungahlin office block project.
(3) At this stage it is not possible to assess the budget impact of the project as the delivery methodology has not been determined.
(4) Decisions on a sale of existing office buildings will be made as decisions on the development of office accommodation in Gungahlin and Civic are finalised.
Roads—parking spaces (Question No 2376)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 10 May 2012 (redirected to the Minister for the Environment and Sustainable Development):
(1) How many car parks, excluding residential, are provided in (a) Belconnen, (b) City, (c) Woden and (d) Tuggeranong separated by (i) privately provided and (ii) provided by the Government.
(2) How many of those spaces referred to in part (1) are (a) long stay, (b) short stay and (c) free parking.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The answer to the member's question is set out in Table 1. The information provided is taken from a survey of parking supply and demand in major centres, including the City and town centres, undertaken in June 2009. A new survey is currently being undertaken.
(2) The answer to the Member's question is set out in Table 2.
Question on Notice No. 2376 - Answer to Part 1
Table 1: 2009 Major Centres Parking Survey - Off-Street and On-Street Parking Spaces by Ownership
Location Off-street Public Off-street
Private for Public Off-street Tenant On-street Public Total Belconnen 3130 4330 4000 1420 12880