Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 8 Hansard (24 August) . . Page.. 3712..
iiCooper, A, Wedderkopp, N, Jago, R, Kristensen, P, Moller, N, Froberg, K, Page, A, Andersen, L (2008). Longitudinal associations of cycling to school with adolescent fitness. Preventive Medicine 47(3): 342-328.
iiiAndersen, L, Lawlor, D, Cooper, A, Froberg, K, Anderssen, S (2009). Physical fitness in relation to transport to school in adolescents: the Danish youth and sports study. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine and Science in Sports 19(3): 406-411.
Work safety (Question No 2340)
Ms Hunter asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 8 May 2012:
(1) Does page 9 of the ACTPS Workers' Compensation and Work Safety Improvement Plan state that details of resources and associated case loads of injury management staff were sought from all directorates and that in some instances directorates were unable to quantify the portion of time some of their resources spent on injury management; if so, how has the CMCD modelled the cost efficiencies of moving injury management staff from within directorates to Shared Services, particularly given that some directorates were unable to provide reliable data and what were the cost savings identified.
(2) How will CMCD model and assess over time whether relocating injury management staff from within directorates to Shared Services has achieved its outcomes, in terms of cost and efficiency, effectiveness and economy.
(3) Does page 20 of the ACTPS Workers' Compensation and Work Safety Improvement Plan set out the targeted savings to be achieved in claim payments and claim liabilities; if so, what (a) were the claim payments made, by directorate, for the last three financial years to date, (b) what are the expected dollar savings to be made in claim payments, by directorate, for the financial years ending 30 June 2012 and three forward estimate years and (c) what is the expected dollar reduction in workers' compensation premiums, by directorate, for the financial years ending 30 June 2012 and three forward estimates years.
(4) If directorates fail to meet expected target savings in claims liabilities and claim payments, what action will CMCD take given its role in ensuring all parties to the Plan meet their key obligations and will this include reductions in annual appropriations or other financial penalties.
(5) Does the Charter of Partnership between Comcare and the ACTPS 2011-2013 set out the services that will be provided to the ACTPS by Comcare and are there no qualitative or quantitative key performance measures or key performance indicators provided in the Charter of Partnership; if so, how will CMCD manage the relationship with Comcare given the lack performance measures and indicators, including assessing whether Comcare is providing value for money to Government.
(6) Were the ACTPS Workers Compensation and Work Safety Improvement Plan and the ACT Public Sector, Managing Injury and Illness in the Workplace issued subsequent to the Charter of Partnership between Comcare and the ACTPS; if so, given that the relevant responsibilities of Comcare and directorates as stated in the Charter of Partnership are now out of date (for example, the Charter of Partnership states that