Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 8 Hansard (24 August) . . Page.. 3710..
compliance with the requirement. The relevant regulation was complied with. A single select procurement was undertaken because of the urgency of the task and confidence that the contractor had the necessary experience and expertise to deliver the product required in the timeframe.
(3) Yes, the Director General approved a written exemption on the following grounds:
* that the time within which this particular procurement activity was to be completed prevented public tenders being called; and
* a single select procurement acknowledged the role and expertise of the preferred consultant and was the most efficient and effective way to complete the required project.
Housing—first homeowner grants (Question No 2318)
Mr Seselja asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 3 May 2012:
What was the number of first home owner grants paid for the purchase of (a) an established home and (b) a newly constructed home, for the years (i) 2008-09, (ii) 2009-10 and (iii) 2010-11.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The number of first home owner grants paid are as follows:
a) Established home:
(i) 2008-09: 2,466
(ii) 2009-10: 2,076
(iii) 2010-11: 1,700
b) Newly constructed home:
(i) 2008-09: 492
(ii) 2009-10: 1,492
(iii) 2010-11: 1,116
Schools—active transport programs (Question No 2332)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 3 May 2012:
(1) What targeted programs has the Government funded over the past three years to promote active transport to schools, including through community grants, and what did they cost.