Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 8 Hansard (24 August) . . Page.. 3706..
(b) Due to the immature nature and revised concept for ENLIGHTEN 2012, economic and attendance targets will not appear in the current budget papers. It is expected that after some benchmarking, appropriate indicators will be introduced for future years.
Environment—accreditation programs (Question No 2288)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for the Environment and Sustainable Development, upon notice, on 2 May 2012:
(1) In relation to the ACTSmart Office and ACTSmart Business programs, what is the recurring cost for these programs.
(2) How many businesses and offices have signed up and how many have been accredited under each program.
(3) How much waste have these programs diverted from landfill and how were these figures obtained.
(4) For the current financial year, (a) what has been the cost and staff requirement of running the programs and (b) how many offices and businesses have signed up to each program and how many of each were accredited.
(5) Has every office and business that has signed up to the program been audited by ACTSmart staff.
(6) What are the standards for accreditation.
(7) What further contact is there with accredited workplaces once they are accredited.
(8) Why is the number of businesses and offices that have joined the programs much larger than the number that have been accredited.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Program expenditure in 2010-11 was $282,265.85 and the budget for 2011-12 is $323,000.
(2) Since launch of the program in August 2009 and as at 30th April 2012:
Signups Accredited sites Business 283 Business 49 Office 186 Office 28
(3) The amount of waste that has been diverted from landfill through the program is 15,137 cubic metres. This figure is calculated from comparing the first and second audit of waste streams provided by clients using their waste bills. This reduction in waste to landfill is a combination of redirecting waste to recycling streams and implementing smart purchasing policies to reduce the total waste generated by an office or business.