Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 8 Hansard (24 August) . . Page.. 3701..
* Child at Risk Health Unit (CARHU) currently has 4.8 FTE social work positions. These are health professional classified positions and can be filled either by a social worker, psychologist or counsellor.
* Acute Support (across Canberra Hospital Inpatient Wards) employs 22.07 FTE social workers; and
* Mental Health, Justice Health and Alcohol and Drug Services employ 35.47 FTE social workers.
Women—disabled (Question No 2266)
Ms Bresnan asked the Minister for Community Services, upon notice, on 2 May 2012:
(1) What is the number of women and girls with disabilities residing in institutions in the ACT, including institutional categories of (a) domestic-scale supported living facility, for example, group homes, (b) supported accommodation living facility, for example, hostels, supported residential services/facilities, (c) boarding houses, (d) psychiatric/mental health community care facility, (e) independent living unit within a retirement village, (f) residential aged care facility (nursing home or aged care facility and (g) prisons.
(2) What is the percentage of women with disabilities in prison in the ACT compared to non-disabled women.
(3) What is the number of incidents involving violence, abuse and neglect of women and girls with disabilities in institutions, including those that (a) resulted in investigations and (b) resulted in convictions.
(4) What are the rates of restraints (chemical, mechanical and/or seclusion) on women and girls with disabilities in government and non-government institutions.
Ms Burch: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1a. There are 58 women currently living in supported accommodation arrangements provided by Disability ACT. A further 88 women and girls are accommodated in supported accommodation funded by Disability ACT and managed by a community provider.
1d. Health Directorate advises that there are currently 36 women with disability residing in psychiatric or mental health care facilities.
1e. The Community Services Directorate does not collect data relating to retirement villages.