Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 8 Hansard (23 August) . . Page.. 3518..
Schedules of amendments
Gaming Machine Amendment Bill 2011
Amendments moved by the Minister for Gaming and Racing
Page 2, line 4—
omit clause 2, substitute
(1) This Act (other than sections 13 and 14) commences on 1 January 2013.
(2) Sections 13 and 14 commence on a day fixed by the Minister by written notice.
(3) If sections 13 and 14 have not commenced within 12 months beginning on their notification day, they automatically commence on the first day after that period.
(4) The Legislation Act, section 79 (Automatic commencement of postponed law) does not apply to sections 13 and 14.
Note 1 The naming and commencement provisions automatically commence on the notification day (see Legislation Act, s 75 (1)).
Note 2 A single day or time may be fixed, or different days or times may be fixed, for the commencement of different provisions (see Legislation Act, s 77 (1)).
Page 3, line 2—
omit clause 4, substitute
4 Applications to be dealt with in order of receipt
Section 10 (1)
(1) This section applies to initial licence applications.
Proposed new clause 4A
Page 3, line 4—
4A New section 10A
in division 2.2, insert
10A Initial licence applications—eligibility
A person may make an initial licence application only if the person—
(a) is not a club; or
(b) is a club and does not already hold a licence.