Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 8 Hansard (23 August) . . Page.. 3329..
Thursday, 23 August 2012
The Assembly met at 10 am.
MR SPEAKER (Mr Rattenbury) took the chair and asked members to stand in silence and pray or reflect on their responsibilities to the people of the Australian Capital Territory.
The following petition was lodged for presentation, by Mr Smyth, from 2,020 residents:
Planning—Chisholm—petition No 139
To the Speaker and Members of the Legislative Assembly for the Australian Capital Territory
This petition of certain residents of the Australian Capital Territory draws to the attention of the Assembly that:
* the ACT government is proposing to offer for sale Block 2 Section 590 in Chisholm
* the community is concerned that there has been a lack of effective consultation relating to proposals for the use of this site; and
* the community wants to retain this site as a community park.
Your petitioners, therefore, request the Assembly to direct the ACT government:
* Not to sell block 2 Section 590 in Chisholm
* To consult with the community about the type of park facilities they require
* To commence the process to gazette the area as a permanent park
The Clerk having announced that the terms of the petition would be recorded in Hansard and a copy referred to the appropriate minister for response pursuant to standing order 100, the petition was received.
MR RATTENBURY (Molonglo) (10.03): I move:
That the following continuing resolution be adopted:
Consideration of Statutory Appointments
(1) recognising that the Executive has a role in making appointments to statutory positions, and that the Legislature has a role in being consulted and, in one case, having a veto over an appointment, both individual members of the