Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 7 Hansard (7 June) . . Page.. 3051..
* Nature and Society Forum
* Horse Paddock User Group
* Canberrans for Power Relocation (CPR)
Consultation is ongoing.
(3) Fadden, Macarthur, Gilmore, Gowrie, Isaacs, Chisholm, Wanniassa and Farrer.
(4) Two general community information sessions were held, however numbers of attendance were not recorded.
Drop in sessions were also held at the Woden, Dickson and Tuggeranong libraries.
Roads—cycle lanes (Question No 2397)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 10 May 2012 (redirected to the Minister for the Environment and Sustainable Development):
(1) Has there been modelling of what cycleways would best meet the needs of commuter cyclists from Molonglo to the City and Parliamentary Triangle.
(2) Do these cycleways require commuter cyclists to use (a) off-road recreational paths and (b) on-road cycle lanes from Molonglo to the City and Parliamentary Triangle and has there been any modelling of commuting times using such paths.
(3) Has there been consideration of the provision of a cycle highway to provide direct, high-quality and cyclist-prioritised routes for cycle commuting between development in the new Molonglo suburbs and the City, Parliamentary Triangle and Russell areas.
(4) Will a cycle highway from Molonglo to the City and Parliamentary Triangle be included in the transport planning for the new suburbs and stages of Molonglo Valley; if so, (a) will it allow cyclists to have right of way at intersections, and avoid intersections where possible, (b) will it be included in structure, concept or estate development plans, (c) what costs are involved in developing a cycle highway and (d) when will these plans be publicly released; if not, what are the proposed cycle commute options for new residents of Molonglo.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The ACT government has engaged SMEC, engineering consultant, to undertake investigation and modelling as part of the Study of Strategic Cycle Network Plan. The objective of the study is to plan a high quality cycle network to the future urban areas including Molonglo. The final Plan will be based on detailed multi-modal modelling as well as input from stakeholder and community consultation. This will help to identify the commuter cycleway network that best meet the needs of Molonglo.
(2) (a) This is subject to cycle network modelling and investigation as per (1). However, the investigation will seek direct route options for commuter cycling.