Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 7 Hansard (7 June) . . Page.. 3042..
(b) Works deferred from 2011-12 to 2012-13
* 67 Floor Coverings
* 1 External Paint
* 27 Internal Paints
(c) Works deferred to 2013-14
* 1 Kitchen Upgrade
* 1 Wet Area Upgrade
* 1 Floor Covering
Answers to questions (1) (a) (b) and (c) refer to planned works maintenance requests only.
(2) The approximate value of the above deferrals is as follows:
(a) Works deferred to 2011-12 = $1.3 million
(b) Works deferred to 2012-13 = $381,000
(c) Works deferred to 2013-14 = $29,000
Roads—cleaning (Question No 2390)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 10 May 2012:
(1) How often does street sweeping occur on average across all suburbs.
(2) What are the types of material that is swept up and how do these types of material change seasonally.
(3) What is the cost of this street sweeping.
(4) What data has been collected in relation to leaves accumulating in drainage traps, stormwater and other, and causing drainage problems.
(5) Where does the street sweeping material go and what is it used for.
(6) What times of the year does street cleaning occur.
(7) Is there more street cleaning done in the autumn months.
(8) Is the material collected in autumn street cleaning treated differently than in other months; if so, where does it go and what is it used for.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Suburbs are swept at least twice per year. Suburbs with large numbers of deciduous street trees receive additional sweeping services during autumn.