Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 7 Hansard (7 June) . . Page.. 3036..
Government Directorates can apply for loan funding under the Resource Management Fund for projects that will save energy. The Fund has provided funding for renewable energy projects such as the installation of solar hot water systems at the Canberra Institute of Technology.
Under the ACT Solar Schools program and the Australian Government's National Solar Schools Program (NSSP), photovoltaic (solar panel) systems are being installed at all ACT public schools.
(3) Please see the answer to Question No 2232 regarding supplementary funding for renewable energy purchase. Information on the cost of specific initiatives by Directorates to introduce alternative energy sources such as solar is not held centrally.
Education and Training Directorate—expenditure (Question No 2372)
Mr Doszpot asked the Minister for Education and Training, upon notice, on 10 May 2012:
(1) What has been the Directorate's expenditure in 2011-12 on (a) travel, (b) consultancy, (c) advertising/marketing and (d) hospitality, as at 9 May 2012.
(2) What is the expected total spend in 2011-12 for each item referred to in part (1).
(3) What was the Directorate's expenditure on hospitality for (a) 2008-09, (b) 2009-10 and (c) 2010-11.
Dr Bourke: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1) The Directorate's expenditure in 2011-12 for the items mentioned in part (1) of the question as at 11 May 2012, which is the most recent available data, is as follows:
Item $'m Travel 0.4 Consultancy 0.5 Advertising/Marketing 0.2 Hospitality 0.005
It should be noted that the above amounts do not include school based expenditure. Schools maintain their own data and details of expenditure is consolidated in the Directorate's accounts at summary level only. Therefore school information cannot be provided without the allocation of considerable resources.
2) The expected total spend in 2011-12 for each item referred to in part 1) is as follows: a) Travel - $0.5 million b) Consultancy - $0.7 million c) Advertising/Marketing - $0.3 million d) Hospitality - $0.008 million