Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 7 Hansard (7 June) . . Page.. 2973..
(7) What sections of the project does the presently allocated funding cover and what sections does it not cover.
(8) How does the Government plan to promote use of the Kingston Foreshore path.
(9) How can members of the public find out about the project and its progress.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Land Development Agency (LDA) is responsible for constructing the shared path with the exception of the path in front of Sites 18 (section 51, block 2), 19 (section 63, block 1) and 20 (Section 64, block 1). Private development of Sites 18, 19 and 20 includes construction of the shared path on those sites.
(2) Construction of the shared path within Sites 18, 19 and 20 is stipulated in the lease purpose clause for those sites.
(3) Construction of the shared path in front of Sites 18, 19 and 20 is dependent on completion of development of these three privately owned sites.
(4) The shared path in front of the Waterfront apartments is expected to be completed in late May/early June 2012. The shared path in front of sites 18, 19 and 20 will commence when those sites receive 'Certificate of Occupancy'.
(5) Funding for the entire public landscape works which includes the shared path in front of the Waterfront Apartments and the Island, is a total of $9m. The developers of the promenade (Sites 18, 19 and 20) are responsible for the costs of completing the shared path and landscape works within their sites.
(6) Funding for the public landscape works is the responsibility of the LDA and is allocated in the Kingston Foreshore Project budget. The cost of constructing the part of the shared path within Sites 18, 19 and 20 was incorporated in the sales price of these sites and will be funded by the respective private developers.
(7) The presently allocated funding covers:
* the shared path between the Waterfront Apartments and Lake Burley Griffin;
* a landscaped park between the Waterfront Apartments and the Site 18 apartments;
* a shared path between Lake Burley Griffin and the Lakeside and Bridgepoint Apartments on the Island;
* landscape works on the Island;
* landscape works on the western promenade; and
* landscape works and construction of the eastern promenade.
The presently allocated funding does not cover the sections within the private domain of Sites 18, 19 and 20.
(8) The shared path, which is the final link in the Territory and Municipal Services Directorate (TAMSD) cycle main network route will be promoted accordingly by TAMSD.