Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 7 Hansard (7 June) . . Page.. 2962..
(4) Eight projects from the listing have been identified as priority projects and funding identified to progress these works. These projects include:
* Civic cycle loop
* Kings Avenue cycle lanes
* Sullivan Creek path lighting (currently under progress)
* Bunda Street - shared spaces
* accessible street project - Tuggeranong
* accessible street project - Belconnen
* accessible street project - City
* accessible street project - Woden
(5) One project covering the provision of improved walking and cycling to Canberra Hospital on Yamba Drive was included as part of the $9 million Government announcement in November 2011 at a cost of $1.15 million.
(6) Yes, as outlined in response to Q5 above.
(8) The Government considers that within the limitations of available data, the cost of walking and cycle facility projects divided by the number of people that would use the facility is a useful way of prioritising projects.
(9) To confirm the feasibility, treatment type and cost of the individual projects.
(10) The projects were chosen based on an assessment of their cost effectiveness and views of the working group which considered each project in detail.
(11) The Government has commissioned pedestrian and cyclist surveys of each town centre to collect better information for identifying and evaluating the utilisation of walking and cycling facilities. These surveys commenced in March 2012 and will be undertaken annually.
(12) The Government also sought advice from a working group of interested stakeholders including a respected transport economist on the rankings and the methodology outlined in the answer to Q10 and this was adopted instead of the Cardno Report recommendations.
(A copy of the attachment is available at the Chamber Support Office).
Planning—Kingston foreshore (Question No 2272)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 2 May 2012:
(1) In relation to options for the interim Kingston cycle path, while the Kingston Foreshore shared path is built, will the interim path go along Wentworth Avenue,