Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 7 Hansard (7 June) . . Page.. 2949..
(2) Billabong Aboriginal Development Corporation reported in its latest Output and Performance Report to Housing ACT that it assisted 147 clients from 1 January to December 2011.
Winnunga Nimmityjah reported in its latest Output and Performance Report to Housing ACT that it assisted 687 clients from January to December 2011.
Housing ACT—maintenance services (Question No 2260)
Ms Bresnan asked the Minister for Community Services, upon notice, on 2 May 2012:
(1) In relation to the Government response to the Standing Committee on Public Accounts' Report No. 5 of 2009 entitled Auditor-General's Report No. 4 2008 into Public Housing Maintenance, did recommendation 2 recommend that another audit be undertaken before the letting of the next total facility management services contract and that tenants views be sought as part of the audit and that the Government noted that a further audit would be a matter for the Auditor-General, but that it would consult with tenants prior to the letting of a new contract in 2012.
(2) Whilst it is noted that the Auditor-General has not undertaken a follow-up audit of the total facility management services contract, has the Directorate undertaken an internal audit of the contract or engaged an independent consultant to undertake such a review; if so, what were the findings and recommendations of the audit.
(3) Has the Community Services Directorate undertaken consultation with tenants; if so, what were the outcomes of those consultations and how were these factored into the tender specifications for the new Total Facilities Management Contract.
(4) Did (a) recommendation 3 recommend that the Government amend its procedures for determining whether the Total Facilities Management contract will be extended to ensure that a renewal is made at least six months before it expires, (b) recommendation 4 recommend that upon renewal of the Total Facilities Management contract, or the appointment of a new provider, the Government report to the Assembly on the details of the contract as well as a statement of reasons for the renewal or appointment and (c) the process for retendering the Total Facilities Management Contract commenced during 2010-11 and that the contract was expected to be finalised in October 2011, with the new provider commencing on 1 July 2012 (page 113 of Volume 2 of the Community Services Directorate Annual Report 2010-11); if so, why has the new Total Facilities Management Contract not yet been announced and finalised and why has the Directorate not met recommendations 3 and 4 of the committee's report.
(5) Given that it is now two months from the end of the financial year which does not provide sufficient time for a new provider to be transitioned in efficiently and effectively, does the Directorate intend extending the current contract with Spotless; if so, what additional costs will be borne by Government due to this extension.
(6) What is the expected date that the new provider will have fully transitioned in their services.