Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 7 Hansard (7 June) . . Page.. 2946..
(3) The ACT Government funds the community buses at a cost of $626,000 per year.
The Night Rider service cost $136,492.78
(4) The community buses provided 17,000 passenger trips in 2009-10. The Nightrider service carried 2,745 passengers in the four week period it operated over the Christmas season in 2011-12.
(5) Transport for Canberra has identified a possible role for flexible transport in the ACT as a means of introducing services into newly developed greenfield suburbs. This will be explored in future network planning.
(6) In 2005 ACTION buses operated Demand Responsive Transport known as "Flexibus"to replace evening services. The Flexibus trial was discontinued in 2006 as part of Network '06 due to customer feedback that indicated a preference for scheduled rather than flexible routes.
(7) Preliminary planning for the next bus network is considering fixed route and demand responsive transport options for Molonglo and other greenfields suburbs, subject to funding decisions by Government.
(8) The approximate cost will be determined as part of planning the next bus network. The cost of Demand Responsive Transport services varies depending on the level of service provided (e.g. how many vehicles and drivers it requires, how frequently it departs, the size of the area it serves, the fares it charges). Options for Molonglo will consider the merits of both fixed route and flexible (demand responsive) options. The projected number of passengers, level of build-out when the network commences, availability of hubs and other factors will determine whether it is more cost effective to meet the coverage standard through fixed route or demand responsive services in Molonglo.
ACTION bus service—crime (Question No 2255)
Ms Bresnan asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 2 May 2012 (redirected to the Minister for Police and Emergency Services):
(1) In relation to assaults and other crimes on ACTION buses, can the Minister provide data on the number of assaults reported to have occurred for each year from 2006-2012 (a) on ACTION buses, (b) at ACT bus interchanges, broken down by interchange, that is, Woden, Tuggeranong, Belconnen (Cohen, Westfield, Community), City, and (c) at bus stops.
(2) Can the minister provide data on the number of thefts or robberies reported to have occurred for each year from 2006-2012 (a) on ACTION buses, (b) at ACT bus interchanges, broken down by interchange, that is, Woden, Tuggeranong, Belconnen (Cohen, Westfield, Community), City, and (c) at bus stops.
(3) Has the ACT Government identified any bus stops or interchanges that are higher risk of crime; if so, which bus stops or interchanges.