Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 7 Hansard (7 June) . . Page.. 2936..
to the unit brings the total to $1,543,190. When the total cost is divided by the total number of Walk-in Centre clients registered for the period 1 July 2011 - 30 April 2012 is 14,312, meaning the total cost per client is currently $108.
Note: cost per client includes consultation and treatment including: suturing, plastering, supply of medication and/or crutches where applicable as per Walk-in Centre treatment protocols.
Canberra Hospital—television rental service (Question No 2244)
Ms Bresnan asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 2 May 2012:
(1) What is the total revenue collected per annum by The Canberra Hospital (TCH) from charging patients to watch a television in their room.
(2) Approximately how many televisions are available for rental at any one time.
(3) How many patients per annum rent a television.
(4) What are the renting costs for the patient per day, per week etc.
(5) What channels are available on the television.
(6) What is the cost per annum to TCH to provide the television service.
(7) What are the associated costs to the patient and ACT Health for this service on the public wards at Calvary Hospital.
Ms Gallagher: I am advised that the answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The television service provided to patients at the Canberra Hospital is licensed to a contractor for which the Health directorate receives $48,000 annually.
(2) There are approximately 307 television sets available for rent at the Canberra Hospital.
(3) This is commercial in confidence information for the Contractor and is unavailable to the Health Directorate.
(4) The television rental rates at the Canberra Hospital are:
* $8.80 per day, $44.00 per week for the first week and $33 per week thereafter, $99.50 for the first month and $77.50 per month thereafter.
* Health Care Card holders attract discounted rates. These are $6.60 per day, $33 per week, $66 for the first month and $49.50 per month thereafter.
* No cost for patients in Paediatrics and Oncology.
(5) The contractor provides free to air channels and a video movie channel at an additional daily rate of $1.