Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 7 Hansard (7 June) . . Page.. 2923..
Finance—budget allocations (Question No 2141)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Economic Development, upon notice, on 22 March 2012:
(1) What is the budget allocation for the years 2011-12 to 2014-15 for the (a) TradeConnect, (b) InnovationConnect and (c) ACT Screen Investment Fund grant programs.
(2) What has been the actual expenditure in (a) 2008-09, (b) 2009-10 and (c) 2010-11 for the programs referred to in part (1).
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(a) The budget allocation for TradeConnect is $400,000 in 2011-12 and $400,000 in 2012-13.
(b) The budget allocation for InnovationConnect is $400,000 in 2011-12, $420,000 in 2012-13, $359,000 in 2013-14 and $378,000 in 2014-15.
(c) The budget allocation for the ACT Screen Investment Fund is $600,000 in 2011-12 and $800,000 in 2012-13.
(a) Actual expenditure for TradeConnect1 was $18,247 in 2008-09, $120,253 in 2009-10 and $114,999 in 2010-11.
(b) Actual expenditure for InnovationConnect1 was $187,266 in 2008-09, $403,708 in 2009-10 and $395,757 in 2010-11.
(c) Actual expenditure for the ACT Screen Investment Fund2 was $69,000 in 2010-11.
1 InnovationConnect (ICon) and TradeConnect (TCon) expenditure occurs across Budget cycles based on completion of scheduled milestones. A funding commitment entered into during 2008-09 will have some payments occur during the 2009-10 period, and so on for each financial year. Committed funds from each year are rolled over to the following year in order to meet funding agreement commitments.
2 The ACT Screen Investment Fund underspent in 2010-11, its first year of operation, due to the following factors:
* establishment processes during 2010-11 facilitated only one funding round that year;
* the Fund experienced a slower than expected uptake in its initial period as the sector came to understand the Fund's benefits; and
* the Fund normally invests in projects together with other funding partners. Its capacity to commit funds is subject to confirmed commitments from external sources.
To ensure that the underspent resources remain available to the program, Government is reprofiling the expenditure into latter years.
ACT public service—workplace investigations (Question No 2171)
Mr Hanson asked the Minister for Gaming and Racing, upon notice, on 22 March 2012: