Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 6 Hansard (10 May) . . Page.. 2514..
Environment—grasslands (Question No 2204)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for the Environment and Sustainable Development, upon notice, on 29 March 2012:
(1) In relation to the Government response in March 2009 to the Report on ACT Lowland Native Grassland Investigation by the Commissioner for Sustainability and the Environment, has there been a review by the Territory and Municipal Services (TAMS) Directorate of the content, management and scope of Land Management Agreements (LMAs) as per the response to Recommendation 1 of the Report; if not, why not.
(2) What new procedures have been implemented to address the lack of compliance, auditing, monitoring and enforcement that was noted in the response to recommendation 1.
(3) What submission did the ACT Government put to the review of the National Capital Authority (NCA), as indicated in the response to recommendation 3, with respect to preserving lowland native grasses and other environmental assets of the ACT and has any agreement been reached with the NCA.
(4) Given that the response to recommendation 4 notes that a consultant was engaged to document the heritage values of grassland sites, (a) how many sites did the consultant recommend be nominated for inclusion on the ACT Heritage Register, (b) how many of these were nominated and (c) how many were accepted.
(5) Given that in the response to recommendation 4 that the Commonwealth Government retains responsibility for heritage sites on Commonwealth land, has the ACT Government nominated any of the seven Defence sites in the ACT for inclusion in the National Register; if not, why not.
(6) Has a co-ordination group of relevant Commonwealth and ACT agencies been established as proposed in response to recommendations 7 and 8; if so, (a) who is on this group, (b) how often has it met and (b) how often will meetings be convened in the future.
(7) What has been the outcome of the investigation of different ecological burn regimes as referred to in the response to recommendation 19.
(8) Has the TAMS Directorate completed the assessment of the seven grassland sites referred to in recommendation 29 and have these assessments indicated that any of the sites have important ecological assets which need to be preserved.
(9) Has there been a Government response to the recommendations of the Grasslands Forum that was convened on 20 May 2010, in accordance with the response to recommendation 30 and have any actions been undertaken in response to these recommendations.
(10) Has any application been received from the Natural Resource Management Council for the funding of an information facilitator/coordinator, as discussed in the response to recommendation 31; if so, what was the outcome.