Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 6 Hansard (10 May) . . Page.. 2506..
(3) Do all of the schools referred to in part (2) have asbestos management plans.
(4) How does the Government ensure that schools' asbestos management plans are being followed.
(5) How regularly are checks made on schools' asbestos management plans to ensure they are followed.
(6) What initiatives have the Government run in order to proactively remove asbestos from schools.
(7) When did those initiatives referred to in part (6) occur and what did they involve.
(8) What funding has the Government allocated to the ongoing maintenance of schools that contain asbestos.
Dr Bourke: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
The details requested in Ms Bresnan's questions (1 to 8) were provided to the Assembly on 27 March 2012 in response to Questions from Mr Doszpot and Mr Hanson that were Taken on Notice. They can be found in the Debates, Weekly Hansard, Seventh Assembly dated 27 March 2012, page 1318.
Environment—nature parks (Question No 2192)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 29 March 2012:
(1) What is the amount budgeted in the current financial year for maintaining Canberra's Nature Parks.
(2) What is the breakdown of expenditure on (a) controlling feral plants and animals, (b) supporting community groups who voluntarily assist in park maintenance, (c) maintaining fire trails and access paths, (d) controlling tree growth underneath power lines, (e) controlling vegetation build-up in areas adjacent to houses, (f) signposting, (g) rubbish removal and (h) other significant areas of expenditure.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Canberra Nature Park (CNP) consists of 34 separate reserves managed as a single entity by the ACT Parks and Conservation Service. The amount budgeted for maintaining CNP in the current financial year is approximately $6.2 million.
(2) The breakdown of budgeted expenditure is as follows:
(a) $0.865m (b) $0.116m (c) $0.018m (d) Nil. This is an ActewAGL responsibility. (e) $0.570m