Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 6 Hansard (10 May) . . Page.. 2491..
Schools—building condition audits (Question No 2114)
Mr Doszpot asked the Minister for Education and Training, upon notice, on 21 March 2012:
(1) What is the frequency of audits into the building conditions of ACT public schools.
(2) How many ACT public schools have had building condition assessments done in the last five years.
(3) Can the Minister provide details of reports of each school inspected including any recommendations as to remediation and cost for the last five years.
(4) Can the Minister provide details of tree assessment audits for all ACT public schools for the last three financial years.
(5) Can the Minister provide details of works being undertaken in 2011-2012 and scheduled for 2012-2013 under all directorate asset management programs.
Dr Bourke: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1) School building condition assessments are conducted every three years, on a rolling program of assessments.
2) All ACT public school sites have a current building condition assessment report.
3) I am not prepared to authorise the use of considerable resources that would be involved in providing the detailed information to answer the Member's question.
4) I am not prepared to authorise the use of considerable resources that would be involved in providing the detailed information to answer the Member's question.
5) The Directorate's school capital works projects are shown in the 2011-12 Budget Paper No. 4 (pages 330 and 331). A breakdown of the 2011-12 schools capital upgrades program is at Attachment A and a copy of 2011-12 repairs and maintenance program is at Attachment B.
The 2012-13 programs and projects are currently being developed and will be subject to the 2012-13 ACT Budget processes.
2011-12 Capital Upgrade Program
Project Name Project Description Base Allocation
$'000 Older School Upgrades $4,441 Hughes Primary School Older School Upgrade (OSU) Torrens Primary School OSU Red Hill School OSU New School Facilities $1,794 Ngunnawal Primary School four classroom and teaching spaces Canberra College Performing Arts Centre Specialist teaching fitout and external works