Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 6 Hansard (10 May) . . Page.. 2487..
The Government has been progressively increasing its large capacity bus fleet. By June 2012 the ACTION large capacity fleet will include 33 Renault PR180 articulated buses and 26 Scania Steer Tag Easy Access buses in-service. The Scania buses have been purchased over the last two years.
From July 2012 the first of 20 Scania Easy Access articulated buses will also enter service, as a one for one replacement for the oldest of the Renault PR180 articulated buses. The 20th Scania Easy Access articulated bus is scheduled to enter service by April 2013.
ACTION bus service—buses (Question No 2104)
Ms Bresnan asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 20 March 2012:
(1) Can the Minister provide the most up-to-date breakdown of ACTION's bus fleet including the (a) number and age of buses and (b) number of buses using different types of fuel.
(2) How many of ACTION's diesel buses are equipped with diesel particulate filters.
(3) What is the quality of the filter for any buses equipped with diesel particulate filters, for example, what percentage does it reduce particulate emissions by.
(4) What is the cost of equipping an ACTION bus with a diesel particulate filter.
(5) What is the cost of equipping the entire ACTION diesel fleet with diesel particulate filters.
(6) What percentage of ACTION's diesel fleet use ultra-low sulphur diesel fuel.
(7) How many and what percentage of the ACTION fleet meet the standards of Euro (a) I, (b) II, (c) III, (d) IV, (e) V and (f) VI.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The breakdown of the ACTION in-service fleet as at 30 March 2012 is demonstrated in the table below
Bus model In-service fleet Average age (years) Fuel type Dennis Dart 25 14.56 ULS Diesel Renault PR100-2 138 21.45 ULS Diesel Renault PR100-3 42 17.52 ULS Diesel MAN Euro 4 2 1.62 ULS Diesel MAN Euro 5 78 1.62 ULS Diesel MAN CNG 16 3.55 CNG Irisbus Single Door Rigid 20 9.48 ULS Diesel Scania CNG 54 6.95 CNG Renault PR180-2 33 22.76 ULS Diesel Scania Euro EEV 20 1.50 ULS Diesel TOTALS 428 14.16