Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 5 Hansard (3 May) . . Page.. 2031..
Ms Burch: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1) Intensive family support programs are provided predominantly by a range of Non-Government agencies. The programs are usually a subset of a wider range of services the agencies are funded for. Variation can occur annually as a result of new budget initiatives or one off program expenses. The budget modelling for intensive family support between 2011-12 and 2014-15 is currently based on the 2010-2011 budget expenditure which is $1,413,000 annually.
2) Funding is allocated according to program initiatives which may vary year to year. Currently 100% of the funding is allocated to services provided by non-government agencies.
3) I refer Mrs Dunne to the Report on Government Services 2012, table 15A.26 which indicates actual expenditure over these periods.
Domestic Animal Services—costs (Question No 2146)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 22 March 2012:
(1) What is the budget for Domestic Animal Services (DAS) for the 2011-12 to 2014-15 budget years.
(2) What was the total expenditure by DAS in (a) 2009-10 and (b) 2010-11.
(3) How many staff are currently employed at DAS and what are the roles and responsibilities of each staff member.
(4) What were the (a) 2009-10 and (b) 2010-11 costs for impounding and caring for stray, roaming, injured or lost dogs.
(5) What portion of the costs referred to in part (4) are attributed to employees and what is the budgeted 2011-12 cost of this.
(6) What were the (a) 2009-10 and (b) 2010-11 costs for the management and operation of the DAS shelter and impound facilities.
(7) What portion of the costs referred to in part (5) are attributed to employees and what is the budgeted 2011-12 cost of this.
(8) What were the (a) 2009-10 and (b) 2010-11 costs for facilitating the DAS volunteer program and what is the budgeted 2011-12 cost of this.
(9) What has been the cost of capital repairs or works to the DAS pound facilities since 2009.
(10) What was the average length of dogs being held at the pound for (a) 2009-10 and (b) 2010-11.
(11) What is the number of dogs currently held at the impounded by DAS.