Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 5 Hansard (3 May) . . Page.. 2028..
(1) What is the current cost of the Suspension Support Teams, based in the Melba-Copland cluster, and in Wanniassa.
(2) Has work been undertaken to further expand this service.
(3) What would the cost be to provide a Suspension Support Team in each of the school network regions.
(4) Is there a formal evaluation of the qualitative outcomes of vulnerable children, young people, and the impact on their families and carers, who have been suspended; if not, what is being done to establish the efficacy of current disciplinary policies in ACT public schools.
Dr Bourke: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1) The current annual cost for the Suspension Support Team working in the Melba-Copland and Kingsford Smith clusters is $259 000. There is no team working in the Wanniassa cluster.
2) A budget has been created to establish a Suspension Support Team on the south side of Canberra. Work is underway to identify a school cluster, identify a facility and employ staff.
3) The total cost in the first year to provide a Suspension Support Team in each network, four teams in total, would be $1.4 million. This includes staffing, administration support and facility setup costs.
4) While the Directorate has not completed a formal evaluation of the qualitative outcomes of vulnerable children and young people, and the impact on their families and carers who have been suspended it informs itself through the use of national and international research in this area. The Directorate uses suspension, critical incident and satisfaction survey data to establish the efficacy of current disciplinary policies in ACT public schools.
Government—fee determinations (Question No 2142)
Mrs Dunne asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 22 March 2012:
In relation to each fee determination by the Attorney-General during the period of the Seventh Assembly and notified either as a disallowable or notifiable instrument, what was the date on which each fee (a) was notified and (b) became effective.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
Fee determinations in 2008 during the period of the Seventh Assembly:
Instrument name Notified (a) Effective (b) Instrument Attorney-General (Fees) Amendment Determination 2008 (No 2) (repealed) 6-Nov-2008 1-Jul-2008 DI2008-276