Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 5 Hansard (3 May) . . Page.. 2015..
ACTION bus service—MyWay card (Question No 2121)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 21 March 2012:
(1) What is the breakdown in revenue from ACTION fares by fare type since the introduction of MyWay ticketing in April 2011.
(2) Since the introduction of MyWay ticketing system, (a) how many passenger boardings have been recorded and (b) what is the average distance travelled on ACTION.
(3) How many MyWay ticket machines were not fully operational for a period of 12 hours or more in the period since the introduction of MyWay ticketing machines.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The break down in ticket sales by fare type since the introduction of the MyWay ticketing system from 11 April 2011 to 25 March 2012 inclusive of GST is:
Ticket Type Passenger Type Passenger Sales MyWay Adult Adult $ 9,948,306.27 Concession Over 75 $ - Pensioner $ 382,712.04 Senior $ 280,859.92 Student Student $ 2,337,502.88 Student Transport Program $ 6,187.82 Tertiary $ 1,883,153.17 Paper Ticket Adult Daily $ 440,382.00 Open $ 44,409.46 Single $ 2,691,900.00 Concession Companion Card $ - Daily $ 843,877.40 Single $ 2,707,660.00 TPI $ - Vision Impaired $ - Other Transfer $ - Welfare $ - Total $ 21,566,950.96
(2) Since the introduction of the MyWay ticketing system from 11 April 2011 to 25 March 2012
(a) 17,618,494 passenger trips have been recorded (including transfers).
(b) The average distance travelled by passengers is not available as a reporting output at this time.
(3) If a MyWay ticketing machine has a malfunction whilst on the road, the driver console is exchanged when the bus returns to the depot. There is no period of time where a console remains offline for 12 or more hours.