Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 3 Hansard (22 March) . . Page.. 1218..
In 2012 all ACT students in year 11 and 12 will continue the Pathways Planning process and all ACT students in years 6, 9 and 10 will commence the Pathways Planning process.
In 2013 all ACT students in years 7, 10, 11 and 12 will continue the Pathways Planning process and all ACT students in years 6, 8, and 9 will commence the Pathways Planning process.
In 2014 all ACT students in year 6 to 12 will continue with the Pathways Planning process.
ACTION bus service—school routes (Question No 2025)
Ms Hunter asked the Minister for Education and Training, upon notice, on 15 February 2012:
(1) What is being done to support parents and caregivers to access ACTION services for their children and young people.
(2) Can the Minister provide data on the number of school children using ACTION buses to travel to and from school for the last two years, with a breakdown of how many were (a) dedicated school routes and (b) regular services.
(3) How does the Government assess which schools/routes will be serviced by dedicated ACTION school buses.
(4) What is the process of requesting a new school bus service and how is this communicated to parents and school principals.
Dr Bourke: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1. Children and young people are able to travel on discounted student fares, subsidised by the ACT Government. Free travel is available for children/students who meet the requirements of the Student Transport Program, for students with financial disadvantage.
2. As the previous ticketing system was incapable of producing accurate school travel data for the requested period, ACTION has provided information from the new MyWay system for the period July to December 2011.
There were a total of 2,043,114 student boardings recorded during this period. This excludes students paying cash fares.
(a) There were 1,123,713 (55%) student boardings on route services.
(b) There were 919,401 (45%) student boardings on dedicated school services.
This data includes all bus travel by students using the MyWay system, regardless of whether the travel was for school or non-school purposes.