Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 3 Hansard (22 March) . . Page.. 1208..
(2) ACT Government sponsored migrants have come from 104 countries over the five year period. The top 10 source countries are shown in Figure B:
Figure B Country Of Origin % India 17.81% United Kingdom 17.29% South Africa 15.52% Sri Lanka 6.55% Iran 5.24% Philippines 4.06% China 3.93% Malaysia 3.08% Pakistan 2.36% Ireland 2.29%
(3) The top 10 occupations are shown in Figure D:
Figure D Occupation % Cook 8.53% Accountant 3.37% Hairdresser 3.26% Registered Nurse 2.63% Software Programmer 2.42% Marketing Specialist 2.42% Chef 2.11% Systems Administrator 2.00% Program Administrator 1.89% University Lecturer 1.79%
(4) Due to the Privacy Act, this information is not released by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.
(5) Due to the Privacy Act, this information is not released by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.
ACT Policing—specialist response group (Question No 2014)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 15 February 2012:
(1) What are the contractual arrangements for the delivery of specialist response expertise in the ACT, following the merger of the ACT Policing's Specialist Response and Security unit and the Federal Government's Operational Response Group to form the Specialist Response Group.
(2) What are the financial arrangements, which have been agreed between the ACT Government and the Commonwealth Government, for the provision of specialist response expertise in the ACT by the Specialist Response Group.