Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 3 Hansard (22 March) . . Page.. 1200..
7) As identified at pages 19 and 20 of the Annual Report, the investment return on the Authority's funds under management with Vanguard was 7.4% for the financial year. Overall return however was negatively affected by devaluation in the Authority's investment property, the Manning Clark building. This reduced valuation reflected the short time remaining on the existing lease and the Territory-wide reduction in the value of older, lower grade, less energy-efficient commercial buildings. It is considered that the global financial crisis was primarily responsible for the Construction Scheme/Authority's negative returns on investments in 2008 and 2009 as identified in the first graph on page 20 of the Annual Report. Accordingly, these negative returns have also reduced the equity of the Construction Scheme on an on-going basis.
8) The Authority's investment strategy/plan, which was approved by the then Treasurer in September 2008, moved the Authority's portfolio of funds under management to a low management fee, lower risk, conservative index fund approach with the objective of achieving a real return of 3.5% (CPI+3.5%) averaged over 5 years. This investment strategy is being reviewed in 2011-12. The action being taken by the Authority in relation to its investment property is outlined on page 12 of the Annual Report.
9) The Authority had no creditors as at 30 June 2011. The figures on page 55 of the Annual Report relate to accruals only.
10) See response to question 9
11) $12, 629. Internal Training relating to the new Community Sector Scheme and the new IT System, Leave Track, was the training/staff development focus for the Authority in 2010-11
13) The authority does not have a long term goal of spending a fixed percentage of employee costs on training. Training activity and spending is based on the assessed needs of the overall organisation and staff members.
14) Training needs of staff members are identified in relation to the priorities of the organisation and in regular communication between management and staff.
Hospitals—nurse-led walk-in centres (Question No 2001)
Mr Hanson asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 14 February 2012:
(1) In relation to the Nurse Walk In Clinic located at Canberra Hospital, for the period 1 July-30 November 2011, what was the total number of presentations to the clinic.
(2) What was the total number of presentations for (a) July, (b) August, (c) September, (d) October and (e) November.
(3) What was the total number assessed by a nurse at the clinic.
(4) What was the total number treated at the clinic.