Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 3 Hansard (22 March) . . Page.. 1184..
Crime—victims (Question No 1994)
Mrs Dunne asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 14 February 2012:
(1) In relation to the 2010-11 annual report of the Victims of Crime Support Program and the community based services to victims of crime, pages 8-9, which agencies had expressed interest in providing a victims of crime service prior to deciding to put community based services to victims of crime to a tender process.
(2) Which community-based agencies did the Directorate hold discussions with in relation to the delivery of community based services prior to publishing an invitation to tender for a new contract to start in early 2012.
(3) What changes were made to the Directorate's past service delivery expectations for the purpose of development of the service as outlined in the tender.
(4) To what extent did the tender encourage collaboration between community-based organisations in submitting tenders.
(5) What pre-qualification process was required of potential tenderers and what were they expected to demonstrate.
(6) What are the terms of the contract given to the successful tenderer.
(7) In relation to the Victims Services Scheme, page 11, what is the quantum and type of resources that must be found in order to remunerate Approved Providers appropriately in the victims' services scheme.
(8) Where will these resources come from and what discussions are underway to secure them.
(9) In relation to advocacy for victims of crime - systems advocacy, page 13, what is being done to alleviate the inefficiencies associated with the collection and storage of victim contact information.
(10) When will a new system be implemented.
(11) Why is it so difficult to collect and store this information.
(12) In relation to Domestic Violence Project Co-ordinator, page 13, why will it be difficult for the Commissioner to perform adequately the functions of the Domestic Violence Project Co-ordinator in 2011-12.
(13) What resources would be required to enable that role to function effectively.
(14) What discussions have taken place for appropriate resourcing in future years.
(15) In relation to management discussion and analysis, page 14, has the Government responded to the resourcing challenges highlighted in the last two annual reports of the Victims of Crime Co-ordinator; if so, what was the response; if not, why not.