Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 3 Hansard (22 March) . . Page.. 1179..
ACT Electoral Commission—annual report (Question No 1992)
Mrs Dunne asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 14 February 2012:
(1) In relation to the 2010-11 annual report of the ACT Electoral Commission, what process did the Commission follow in determining its redistribution of ACT electorate boundaries.
(2) Did the Commission take into account the number of non-enrolled 18 year olds when determining the electorate redistribution; if not, why not and what difference would it have made to the outcome if it was taken into account.
(3) What is the likelihood of future on-line voting so that voters can cast their votes from home or other places where they have access to the internet.
(4) What information, data and voter feedback is the Commission using to inform the development of the information and communication technology voting system.
(5) In relation to page 10, what matters arose that required a review of the scanning of ballot papers from the 2008 election.
(6) What changes will be in place for the 2012 election.
(7) What feedback has the Commission received following the launch of its new website.
(8) Has the rate of webpage hits increased since its launch.
(9) Does the Commission anticipate it will conduct the election within the budget boundaries based on past performance; if not, why not.
(10) What was the quantum of the efficiency dividend and other cost saving measures that the Commission was required to achieve in 2010-11.
(11) Were those targets referred to in part (10) met; if not, why not.
(12) To what extent did meeting those targets impact on service delivery.
(13) What was the total cost of staff learning and development during the reporting period as a percentage of total employee costs.
(14) What is the Commission's target percentage cost of learning and development to total employee costs.
(15) When is it anticipated the Commission will meet the target referred to in part (14).
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
The ACT Electoral Commissioner has advised me as follows:
(1) In determining the redistribution of electorate boundaries for the 2012 ACT Legislative Assembly election, the ACT Redistribution Committee and the ACT