Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 2 Hansard (23 February) . . Page.. 832..
(3) In the period 2/2/09 to 30/06/09: four
In the period 1/7/09 to 30/06/10: sixteen
In the period 1/7/10 to 30/06/11: forty one
In the period 1/7/11 to 30/11/11: eight
(4) One appeal is currently before the Supreme Court but it only relates to the question of costs.
(5) The time taken for ACAT to review cases where the applicant was a company or business:
In the period 2/2/09 to 30/06/09:
In the period 1/7/09 to 30/06/10:
1x37, 1x38, 1x70, 1x98, 1x120, 1x127, 1x135 and 1x219 days
In the period 1/7/10 to 30/06/11:
1x8, 1x10, 1x24, 1x26, 1x49, 1x76, 1x91, 1x103, 1x104, 5x136, 1x154 and 1x321 days
In the period 1/7/11 to 30/11/11:
1x57, 1x79, 2x119, 1x187, 1x315 and 1x316 days
(6) The only ACAT appeal before the Supreme Court is on the issue of costs and hasn't been finalised.
Public Trustee for the ACT—annual report (Question No 1986)
Mrs Dunne asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 14 February 2012:
(1) In relation to the 2010-11 annual report of the Public Trustee for the ACT and the Greater Good Foundation, page 7, where have the increased capital funds been sourced from.
(2) In relation to Complaints to the Ombudsman, page 7, (a) what was the nature of the complaints lodged with the Ombudsman in general terms and (b) what did the office learn from the complaints made and what changes did it make to its administrative processes noting that none identified an administrative deficiency.
(3) In relation to Financial Position, page 12, what is the office's objective in relation to building and maintaining a sustainable level of working capital to provide for business fluctuations once the Public Trustee achieves full self-funding.
(4) In relation to staff training and development, what (a) was the proportion of total employee costs spent on training and development of Public Trustee staff during 2010-11 and (b) is the longer-term aim in relation to this ratio and when will it be achieved.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows: