Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 2 Hansard (23 February) . . Page.. 817..
Answers to questions
Labor Party—social and media training (Question No 1919)
Mr Hanson asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 15 November 2011:
(1) What is the total amount spent on social and/or digital media training for (a) Labor Members and (b) staff of Labor Members, of the Legislative Assembly in (i) 2008-09, (ii) 2009-10 (iii) 2010-11 and (iv) 2011-12 to date.
(2) Can the Minister list the total amount paid to external organisations by the ACT Government to provide the training referred to in part (1) in (a) 2008-09, (b) 2009-10, (c) 2010-11 and (d) 2011-12 to date.
(3) Can the Minister list the external organisations referred to in part (2).
(4) Can the Minister list the sources of funding for the training referred to in part (1) for (a) Labor Members and (b) staff of Labor Members, of the Legislative Assembly.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The total amount spent for Ministers and their staff is as follows (figures are inclusive of GST): * 2008-09 nil * 2009-10 nil * 2010-11 $880 * 2011-12 $7945
As I do not have budget responsibility for non-Executive Labor Members and their staff, details of expenditure for those Members and staff should be requested through the Speaker.
(2) & (3)
Supplier 2010 - 2011 2011 - 2012 Public Relations Institute of Australia $880 Content Group* $5575 Alpha Computer Consultants $2370 Note: These figures are for Ministers and their staff. Details of expenditure for non-Executive Labor Members and staff should be requested through the Speaker.
* The same social media course was offered to non-executive members and their staff. Please see attached for more details.
(4) The source of funding for Ministers and their staff was the ACT Executive budget.
(A copy of the attachment is available at the Chamber Support Office).