Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 2 Hansard (21 February) . . Page.. 549..
Schedules of amendments
Children and Young People (Transition from Out-of-Home Care) Amendment Bill 2011
Amendments moved by Ms Hunter
Proposed new clauses 7A to 7I
Page 3, line 5-
7A New section 511A
511A Charter of rights for children, young people and young adults in, or previously in, out of home care
(1) The director general must prepare a charter of rights for children, young people and young adults in, or previously in, out of home care (the charter of rights).
(2) The director general must give a copy of the charter of rights to each child and young person in out of home care.
(3) The director general must uphold the rights conferred by the charter of rights.
(4) The director general must promote compliance with the charter of rights by out of home carers.
(5) Out of home carers must uphold the rights conferred by the charter of rights.
(6) The charter of rights is a disallowable instrument.
Note A disallowable instrument must be notified, and presented to the Legislative Assembly, under the Legislation Act.
7B Division 15.4.3 heading
Division 15.4.3 Information and items to be kept by foster carers and residential care services
7C Definitions-div 15.4.3
Section 526, definition of personal information
7D Section 527 heading
527 Information and items must be kept during placement
7E Section 527 (2)
(2) Each care entity for the child or young person for the placement must keep the following things during the placement: