Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 1 Hansard (16 February) . . Page.. 450..
Parking—disabled spaces (Question No 1984)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 8 December 2011 (redirected to the Acting Minister for Territory and Municipal Services):
(1) What proportion of disabled parking spaces in town and group centres have been upgraded to comply with the new Australian Standard AS/NZS 2890.6:2009, Off-street parking for people with disabilities.
(2) If some disabled parking spaces remain to be upgraded, where are they located and what is the timing schedule for upgrade.
(3) Has there been any overall loss in the number of disabled parking spaces as a result of this upgrade.
(4) What is the total number of disabled parking spaces across all town and group centres.
(5) What is the overall proportion of disabled parking spaces relative to standard parking places across all town and group centres.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1. Scheduled works have been implemented on the vast majority of 90 degree parking spaces. Works on parallel parking spaces, angled parking spaces other than 90 degree spaces and some 90 degree spaces are yet to be undertaken. The exact figure will be available when the report from the Territory and Municipal Services Directorate is provided at the end of February.
2. As per 1 above. These remaining works will be completed before the end of this financial year.
4 &5.The total numbers will be available by the end of February 2012.
Fitters Workshop (Question No 1985)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for the Arts, upon notice, on 8 December 2011:
(1) Given that on 28 September 2011, I received a briefing on the Fitters' Workshop organised by the Minister's office, during which I referred to document 000316 of the Fitters' Workshop Freedom of Information released to Mrs Dunne earlier this year and that the document refers to a 2007 public consultation process wherein expressions of interest for the community/cultural use of the Fitters' Workshop were invited and I asked the officers present to elaborate on this consultation process, however they were unable to do so and took the question on notice and despite subsequently reiterating my request to the Minister's office, I have still not heard back