Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 1 Hansard (16 February) . . Page.. 425..
* receiving continued advice from the Youth Advisory Group; and
* evaluating the service, including feedback from young people and carers.
Community Services Directorate—community involvement (Question No 1940)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Community Services, upon notice, on 7 December 2011:
(1) In relation to the 2010-11 annual report of the Community Services Directorate, Part 3 - Management of the organisation, p 126, why is the narrative in the report so insular, in that it talks about collaboration with a wide range of internal committees and groups and nothing about collaboration with the community, presumably an important element in sustaining community confidence.
(2) To what extent does the Directorate collaborate with the community in its policy of working collaboratively.
(3) Why is the community excluded from the list outlined in this section of the report.
(4) How much did the Directorate spend on staff training and development during 2010-11.
(5) What does the figure referred to in part (4) represent as a proportion of total employee costs.
(6) What is the Directorate's goal in terms of the cost of training and development as a percentage of total employee costs and when will it achieve that goal.
(7) What has been the trend over the past few years as to the ratio of males to females employed in the Directorate.
(8) What is the Directorate doing to bring the ratio closer to parity between the two genders.
(9) What is the total cost of the Directorate's boards, committees and policy and advice groups including remuneration, servicing and administration costs, pp 148 and 152.
(10) How often does the Directorate review its portfolio of boards, committees and policy advice groups as to performance, effectiveness, any apparent overlaps, redundancies of purpose, etc.
(11) What was the result of any review undertaken during 2010-11.
(12) What were the major policy initiatives that the Directorate implemented during 2010-11 as a result of recommendations of its boards and committees.
(13) What is the total cost of representation of the Directorate on whole-of-government boards and committees and Territory representational activities, p 153, including travel, accommodation, out-of-pocket and administration costs.