Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2012 Week 1 Hansard (16 February) . . Page.. 420..
(10) See answer to Question 9 above.
(11) The Member is referred to Hansard of 28 June 2011.
(12) The answer to this question was provided in the answer to questions I took on notice at the Standing Committee on Education, Training and Youth Affairs Annual Report Hearing on 21 November 2011.
(13) See answer to Question 12 above.
(14) See answer to Question 12 above.
(15) See answer to Question 12 above.
Children—kinship carers (Question No 1939)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Community Services, upon notice, on 7 December 2011:
(1) In relation to the 2010-11 annual report of the Community Services Directorate, Output 4.2 - Care and protection services, p 93, given that in the Estimates Committee hearings this year, representatives of the grandparent and kinship care association confirmed their assertion, given in the Estimates hearings last year, that the kinship care program amounts to institutionalised abuse of children, why did the Directorate do nothing in the intervening 12 months to change that view.
(2) What special support services, including counselling and respite services, are available to aged kinship carers of children and young people.
(3) What expertise is held in, or available to, the Directorate in the discipline of gerontology as it applies to the psychology of aged kinship carers caring for children or young people.
(4) What did the Directorate do to promote the kinship carer training sessions, p 103.
(5) What assessment has the Directorate made as to the reasons for the low attendance.
(6) What feedback was given by those who attended and what changes were made to the session programs as a result.
(7) Will future sessions be offered and what is the Directorate's strategy to attract more people.
(8) What elements of the session program deal with the special nature of the relationship between children and young people and aged carers.
(9) Since the Public Advocate's report on the placement of children with an organisation that was not authorised as a suitable entity, what changes has the Directorate made to its internal policies and procedures to ensure this is not repeated.