Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 14 Hansard (8 December) . . Page.. 6086..
Structure and concept planning were completed and incorporated into the Territory Plan in 2003 and 2008, respectively.
An Estate Development Plan development application (DA) for Jacka 1 residential estate was lodged by the Land Development Agency on
23 November 2011. The public notification for the DA was between
30 November 2011 and 21 December 2011. The application is presently under assessment by the ACT Planning and Land Authority (ACTPLA).
The Jacka 1 residential estate is located south of Horse Park Heritage Precinct and Wetlands.
(2) The processes are established under the Planning and Development Act 2007 and under the Commonwealth Environmental Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act).
(3) Cultural and heritage studies were undertaken by ACTPLA (the Environment and Sustainable Development Directorate) as part of the North Gungahlin Structure Plan (Variation 130). Further studies were subsequently undertaken by ACTPLA as part of the Jacka Concept Plan. The Concept Plan is available on the Environment and Sustainable Development Directorate website.
The Land Development Agency is currently undertaking a heritage assessment for the remaining area of Jacka.
(4) The Jacka 1 residential estate does not trigger the EPBC legislation process and as such does not require a referral. If it is found that future stages of Jacka impact on matters of national environmental significance under the EPBC Act, these would require referral under the Act.
(5) The ACT Government, through various Directorates, undertakes a wide range of studies including: capital works (feasibility, forward design), planning (strategic, concept, estate, land supply/programming), environmental (surveys and monitoring), education (demographic, facility), commercial (demand and forecasting) as required to ensure the timely delivery of land and services.
(6) Yes, EPBC referrals are prepared as and when required.
(A copy of the attachment is available at the Chamber Support Office).
Waste—Civic recycling bin trial (Question No 1929)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 17 November 2011:
1. In relation to the Civic recycling bin trial, can the Minister provide the full 1 details of the waste audits and surveys which have been conducted in Civic, including:
(a) the total volume of waste collected from the Civic rubbish bins and the proportion of material that could be recycled,