Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 14 Hansard (8 December) . . Page.. 6035..
Ensure that Aboriginal peoples and Torres Strait Islanders feel safe and are safe within their communities.
* Increase safety and reduce offending within Indigenous communities by addressing alcohol and substance abuse.
* Strengthen Indigenous communities through working in partnership with governments and other stakeholders to achieve sustained improvements in justice and community safety.
The Government agreed to this and noted that through the ACT Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Justice Agreement, progress on and funds allocated to these initiatives will be reported to the Elected Body on an annual basis.
(a) & (b)
Officers from the Justice and Community Safety Directorate are preparing information for the Elected Body on justice outcomes. Once the Elected Body has received this information a copy can be made available to members of the Legislative Assembly.
(2) The Government agreed in its response to recommendation 17 of the Report to produce an annual 'Closing the Gap' report for the ACT. The first annual report will be tabled in the Legislative Assembly in 2012.
(3) (a) Since the pilot program conducted in 2007-08, the total number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander trainees has been 44.
(b) (i) There were no traineeship graduations in 2009-10, as the second round of the traineeship commenced in July - August 2009 and was completed in September 2010.
(ii) Thirteen out of fifteen trainees from the second intake graduated in September 2010.
(4) Two trainees from the second intake did not complete their traineeship due to personal reasons. One trainee from the third intake decided not to pursue a public service career.
(5) (a) The total cost of providing the second intake of the traineeship in 2009-10 was $62,392.
(b) Continuing second intake cost into 2010-11 was $17,352.
(c) Expenditure to date for the third traineeship intake in the 2011-12 financial year is $40,975.
Motor vehicles—electric (Question No 1850)
Ms Bresnan asked the Minister for the Environment and Sustainable Development, upon notice, on 18 October 2011: