Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 12 Hansard (27 October) . . Page.. 5245..
Planning—Crace supermarket site (Question No 1838)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Economic Development, upon notice, on 21 September 2011:
(1) In relation to the Crace supermarket site has the Government discussed the Crace supermarket site with (a) any supermarket operators or (b) Woolworths.
(2) Has any agreement been reached as to who the operator of the site will be.
(3) Has any agreement been made on a direct sale for the site, and if so, who has this agreement been made with and on what terms.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) (a) and (b).
No. The Government has not discussed the Crace supermarket site with any supermarket operators, including Woolworths. CIC Australia (CIC), as Project Managers for the Crace Joint Venture partnership has had discussions with a number of supermarket operators to compile preliminary information about market demand and concept design issues. There have been no detailed discussions on the sale or operations of the intended supermarket site with any operators.
(3) No. The Government anticipates the ultimate operator will be selected by a competitive Expression of Interest.
Environment—noise pollution (Question No 1839)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for the Environment and Sustainable Development, upon notice, on 21 September 2011:
(1) In relation to the Government's review of the Environment Protection ACT, and the Government's response to Inquiry into Live Music Events which highlights that the 2010/11 ACT budget allocated funding for a review of the Environment Protection Act 1997 including the noise provisions in the regulations, has this review begun, and if not, when will the review begin.
(2) Have the noise provisions in the regulations yet been reviewed, and if not, when will the noise provisions in the regulations be reviewed.
(3) When is the Government's review of the Act expected to be completed.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Yes; the review has commenced. An inter-directorate working group has been established to progress the review.