Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 12 Hansard (27 October) . . Page.. 5222..
Concession Type Registration Centrelink Health Care Card Unemployed for more than six months 50% concession on one year licence fee Diplomat 100% concession on licence fee Privileged Embassy Staff 100% concession on licence fee
Motor vehicles—registration concessions (Question No 1774)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 25 August 2011 (redirected to the Attorney-General):
(1) In relation to Motor Vehicle Registration concessions, what is the budget revenue to be collected for the years 2011-12 to 2014-15 from motor vehicle registration given a concession.
(2) How many concessions does the budget provide for in each year.
(3) What growth in the number of concessions provided each year has been factored in.
(4) What year was the scheme introduced.
(5) What has been the total revenue collected from concession registrations each year since its inception, for example, the take up rate.
(6) How many concessions were provided in each year since its inception.
(7) What are the eligible concession rates given under this scheme.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
2011-12 2012-13 2013-14 2014-15 ('000) ('000) ('000) ('000) 2,092 2,164 2,228 2,281
(2) Community Services Directorate (CSD) does not have data for budget provisions for 2011-12 to 2014-15 for the number of Motor Vehicle Registration concessions. In 2010-11 CSD processed 31,581 claims for the Motor Vehicle Registration concession.
(3) The budget allocation for concessions is increased in accordance with the ACT Budget forecast Consumer Price Index.
(4) Vehicle registration concessions have been in place for more than 30 years.
(5) Total revenue collected has been provided for the financial years 2003-2004 to 2010-2011. The figures are: