Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 11 Hansard (20 October) . . Page.. 4819..
Health Directorate—consultants (Question No 1821)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 21 September 2011:
(1) What was the Directorate's total expenditure on consultants' fees for (a) 2008-09, (b) 2009-10 and (c) 2010-11.
(2) What is the budgeted expenditure for consultants' fees for the years (a) 2001 12, (b) 2012-13, (c) 2013-14 and (d) 2014-15.
Ms Gallagher: I am advised that the answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Information on the number of consultants engaged for amounts over $20,000 are recorded in the following annual reports:
2008-09 — Page 227 2009-10 — Page 267 2010-11 — Page 305
In 2010-11, there was an increase in consultancy payments to E-Health-related contracts, specifically Orion Health and Third Horizon Consulting that commenced in the previous financial year.
(2) Consultants by their very nature are one-off. The level of expenditure in 2011-12 and the outyears will be dependent on decisions of the Director-General at the time.
Health Directorate—advertising (Question No 1822)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 21 September 2011 (redirected to the Acting Minister for Health):
(1) What was the total expenditure by the Directorate on advertising in (a) 2008 09, (b) 2009-10 and (c) 2010-11.
(2) What is the funding allocation for advertising for the years (a) 2011-12, (b) 2012-13, (c) 2013-14 and (d) 2014-15.
Mr Corbell: I am advised that the answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The total expenditure by the Health Directorate on advertising in:
(a) 2008-09 was $1,302,665
(b) 2009-10 was $973,878
(c) 2010-11 was $1,096,803
The types of advertising included in the above are recruitment advertising, general advertising and promotional/marketing advertising.
The increase in 2010-11 was due to advertising for the A Healthy Future new initiative, Capital Asset Development Plan and a Smoke Free Campaign.