Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 11 Hansard (20 October) . . Page.. 4815..
a) 2008-09: $118,000
b) 2009-10: $128,000
c) 2010-11: $261,000 (includes artsACT transferred to the Directorate as of May 2011)
2) Advertising is undertaken as required, consisting mainly of public notices advertising grants and service initiatives. Expenditure will vary from year to year depending on the operational needs. The directorate expects similar levels of expenditure in 2011-12 and the following 3 years, as in 2010-11.
Education and Training Directorate—travel (Question No 1812)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Education and Training, upon notice, on 21 September 2011:
(1) What was the Directorate's total spend on travel for the years (a) 2008-09, (b) 2009-10 and (c) 2010-11.
(2) What was the total spend on business class travel for the years (a) 2008-09, (b) 2009-10 and (c) 2010-11.
(3) What is the total funding allocated to travel for the years (a) 2011-12, (b) 2012-13, (c) 2013-14 and (d) 2014-15 and what proportion of this funding is allocated for business class travel.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Information on travel expenditure is available in the Directorate's Annual Reports in the supplies and services line item that forms part of the Financial Statements. The table below provides the travel expenditure.
$'m Travel Expenditure1 0.68 0.69 0.60 1. Includes expenditure primarily associated with travel fares, allowances, taxi hire and the use of private vehicles.
The expenditure in the above table excludes school based expenditure. Schools maintain their own data and details of expenditure is consolidated in the Directorate's accounts at summary level only.
(2) The Directorate spent $659 on business class travel in 2010-11. This data was provided by Procurement Solutions. Data from 2008-09 and 2009-10 is not available in the form and at the level requested without diversion of significant resources from Chief Minister and Cabinet Directorate's ongoing business.
(3) The funding allocated to travel for 2011-12 through the Directorate's internal budget is $0.63m. The detailed budget by line item is determined at the beginning of each