Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 11 Hansard (20 October) . . Page.. 4803..
2007 - 1,119
2008 - 1,279
2009 - 1,464
2010 - 1,549
Finance—Toilet Smart program (Question No 1770)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for the Environment and Sustainable Development, upon notice, on 25 August 2011:
(1) What is the budget allocation for the Toilet Smart program for the years 2011-12 to 2014-15.
(2) How many installations does the budget provide for in each year.
(3) What growth in the number of installations provided each year has been factored in.
(4) What year was the scheme introduced.
(5) What has been the total cost of installations paid each year since its inception, for example, the take up rate.
(6) How many installations were provided in each year since its inception.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) 2011-12: $683,000
2013-15: No funding has been allocated for these years.
(2) The number of installations provided through the ToiletSmart budget is dependent on the uptake of the various components of the program each year. An example of what the 2011-12 budget could provide is up to 171 free showerheads for pensioners, 450 free toilet upgrades for pensioners, 880 free audits, available to all participants and 561 rebates for toilet upgrades for non-pensioners.
(3) Uptake of the rebate for toilet upgrades for both pensioners and non-pensioners has been consistent for the past two years. The expected uptake of the programfor 2011-12 is based on the 2009-10 and 2010-11 program uptake.
(4) ToiletSmart was launched in May 2008. ToiletSmart Plus was launched in August 2010.
(5) 2007-08: 119 toilets installed for pensioners, rebate amount $465 247 toilets installed for non-pensioners, rebate amount $100 2008-09: 410 toilets installed for pensioners, rebate amount $465 367 toilets installed for pensioners, rebate amount $490 2576 toilets installed for non-pensioners, rebate amount $100 2009-10: 446 toilets installed for pensioners, rebate amount $490 793 toilets installed for non-pensioners, rebate amount $100