Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 11 Hansard (20 October) . . Page.. 4801..
(3) Please refer to 1 and 2 above.
(5) The total cost of rebates is reported by CSD in its Annual Report.
(6) Data at the level requested would divert significant resources from Treasury's ongoing business therefore I am not prepared to authorise this request.
Finance—home buyer concession scheme (Question No 1762)
Mr Seselja asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 25 August 2011:
(1) What is the budget allocation for the Home Buyer Concession Scheme for the years 2011-12 to 2014-15.
(2) How many concessions does the budget provide for in each year.
(3) What growth in the number of concessions provided each year has been factored in.
(4) What year was the scheme introduced.
(5) What has been the total cost of concessions paid each year since its inception, for example, the take up rate.
(6) How many concessions were provided in each year since its inception.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) There is no separate budget allocation for the Home Buyer Concession Scheme. The Home Buyer Concession Scheme is taken into consideration as part of the overall conveyance revenue estimates.
(2) The budget is not based on the number of concessions. See answer to question 1.
(3) See answers to question 1 and 2.
(4) The scheme has existed in varied forms since 1989.
(5) I am not prepared to provide the requested information going back to the inception of the scheme as it would substantially and unreasonably divert the resources of Treasury from its other operations.
(6) See answer to question 5.