Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 11 Hansard (20 October) . . Page.. 4800..
(3) Please refer to response to Question on Notice No. 1702.
(4) The First Home Owners Grant was introduced on 1 July 2000.
(5) Please refer to response to Estimates QoN number E11-062 Question 2.
(6) The number of grants provided since its inception:
Year Total Number of the First Home Owners Grant
2000-01 3,118 2001-02 3,632 2002-03 2.406 2003-04 1,565 2004-05 2,077 2005-06 2,524 2006-07 2,954 2007-08 2,502 2008-09 2,958 2009-10 3,568
Finance—pensioner rebates (Question No 1760)
Mr Seselja asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 25 August 2011:
(1) What is the budget allocation for the General Rates (Pensioner Rebate of General Rates and Fire and Emergency Services Levy) rebate scheme for the years 2011-12 to 2014-15.
(2) How many rebates does the budget provide for in each year.
(3) What growth in the number of rebates provided each year has been factored in.
(4) What year was the scheme introduced.
(5) What has been the total cost of rebates paid each year since its inception, for example, the take up rate.
(6) How many rebates were provided in each year since its inception.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Funding for Pensioner Rebates for General Rates is provided to the Community Services Directorate as part of the concession budget. The estimate for 2011-12 is around $6.5 million indexed across the forward years.
(2) The budget forecasts are not developed on the predictions of the number of pensioners. The number of eligible pensioners can vary during the year. The amount of benefit for an individual pensioner can also vary.