Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 11 Hansard (20 October) . . Page.. 4796..
Finance—credit card merchant fees (Question No 1740)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 25 August 2011 (redirected to the Treasurer):
In relation to credit card merchant fees for government payments how much has the government paid in merchant fees to credit card providers (a) Visa, (b) Mastercard, (c) American Express, (d) Diners Club and (e) JCB and at what rate of charge for (a) 2006, (b) 2007, (c) 2008, (d) 2009, (e) 2010 and (f) 2011 to date.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
The ACT Government only accepts credit card payments using Visa and Mastercards. The requested information for merchant fees for 2009-10 and 2010-11 is below.
Given the limited agency resources available to compile this information, fees and rates have not been provided for the earlier years.
Merchant Service Fees Paid 2009-10 2010-11 Transaction Type $000 Fee % $000 Fee % Direct Visa Card Payments 582 0.57 660 0.65 Direct Mastercard Payments 305 0.43 320 0.43
Belconnen waste recycling facility—fire (Question No 1747)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for the Environment and Sustainable Development, upon notice, on 25 August 2011:
(1) In relation to the fire at the former Building Waste Recycling facility in Belconnen, did the Environment Protection Authority (EPA) attend the fire that started on the 20th of August 2011
(2) Were emissions detected and if so (a) what were these emissions identified as, (b) at what levels were they measured at and, (c) what volume of carbon was emitted.
(3) What follow up activity has occurred by the EPA as a result of the fire.
(4) What enforcement of the Environment Protection Act 1997 has been required as a result of the fire.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Environment protection Authority (EPA) attended the site of the fire on Monday 22 August 2011.