Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 10 Hansard (22 September) . . Page.. 4470..
(3) It is difficult to predict the growth in the number of water concessions. Refer to the answer to question (6).
(4) The 1999 Budget includes reference to Community Service Obligations including water and sewerage rebates for pensioners.
(5) The available data is provided in annual reports. Link: http://www.dhcs.act.gov.au/home/publications/annual_reports
(6) This data is not available.
Budget—taxi subsidy (Question No 1775)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 25 August 2011 (redirected to the Minister for Community Services):
(1) What is the budget allocation for the Taxi Subsidy scheme for the years 2011-12 to 2014-15.
(2) How many subsidies does the budget provide for in each year.
(3) What growth in the number of subsidies provided each year has been factored in.
(4) What year was the scheme introduced.
(5) What has been the total cost of subsidies provided each year since its inception, for example, the take up rate.
(6) How many subsidies were provided in each year since its inception.
Ms Burch: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
2011-12 $1.340m 2012-13 $1.374m 2013-14 $1.408m 2014-15 $1.444m
(2) Approximately 3,000 members receive taxi subsidies each year. The number is determined by the uptake of eligible members.
(3) It is difficult to predict the growth in the number of Taxi subsidies. See the answer to question (6).
(4) The scheme was introduced in 1984.
In 2002, the Scheme was transferred from ACT Health to the Department of Disability, Housing and Community Services.