Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 10 Hansard (22 September) . . Page.. 4469..
(1) 2011-12 $4,698,000 2012-13 $4,816,000 2013-14 $4,884,000 2014-15 $5,006,000
(2) Approximately 12,000. As at 30 June 2011 there were 12,363 recipients. This is a point in time figure, as people are continually joining or leaving the scheme.
(3) It is difficult to predict the growth in the number of sewerage concessions. Refer to the answer to question (6).
(4) The 1999 Budget includes reference to Community Service Obligations including water and sewerage rebates for pensioners.
(5) The available data is provided in annual reports. Link: http://www.dhcs.act.gov.au/home/publications/annual_reports
(6) This data is not available.
Budget—water rebate (Question No 1771)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for the Environment and Sustainable Development, upon notice, on 25 August 2011 (redirected to the Minister for Community Services):
(1) What is the budget allocation for the water charges rebate scheme for the years 2011-12 to 2014-15.
(2) How many rebates does the budget provide for in each year.
(3) What growth in the number of rebates provided each year has been factored in.
(4) What year was the scheme introduced.
(5) What has been the total cost of rebates paid each year since its inception, for example, the take up rate.
(6) How many rebates were provided in each year since its inception.
Ms Burch: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
a. 2011-12 $1,173,000 b. 2012-13 $1,202,000 c. 2013-14 $1,219,000 d. 2014-15 $1,249,000
(2) This number varies at any one point in time, as people join or leave the scheme. As at 30 June 2011 there were 12,363 water concession recipients.