Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 10 Hansard (22 September) . . Page.. 4451..
"In line with AQTF requirements, staff must be able to demonstrate vocational competencies at least to the level of those being delivered and assessed. Specifically for delivering and assessing these programs, staff will need to have qualifications and experience in teaching at Secondary School level in subject/s preferably within an adult learning setting. This includes experience in working with students who are early school leavers, have other disadvantage and/or who need additional support to achieve success. As these programs will deliver nationally accredited subjects, staff must also have the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or the Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training or be able to demonstrate equivalent competencies." All teachers in the Access10 program meet these requirements.
(7) No, as no loophole exists.
(8) The following table sets out the numbers of vocational band 1 teacher TAA qualifications at 1 June 2009 (refer part 2 of QON 431).
(i)Cert IV in TAA (ii)Equiv qual (iii)No qual Currently studying (a)Permanent 111 40 0 2 (b) Temporary 59 7 1 8 (c) Casual Band 1 102 29 68 28
Canberra Institute of Technology—staff (Question No 1744)
Mr Doszpot asked the Minister for Education and Training, upon notice, on 25 August 2011:
Noting a 13 November 2007 email to all Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT) staff stated that "Permanent filling will progressively occur during the first six months of 2008", and expressions of interest were called for just 12 of these 16 positions "for a period of up to 6 months commencing from 1 January 2008", in a 29 October 2007 email sent to all CIT staff with heading "Centre Director Position (Acting Arrangements), Expressions of Interest Sought":
(1) Why were (a) four of the 16 Centre Director positions temporarily filled from 1 January 2008, pending permanent filling, not listed in the 29 October 2007 email calling for expression of interest for the other 12 positions and (b) two of these four only advertised in the ACT Gazette for the first time on 3 September 2009 and 3 December 2009.
(2) Of the 12 positions listed in the 29 October email, why were (a) five not advertised in the ACT Gazette until between 31 July 2008 and 27 November 2008 and (b) three not advertised in the Gazette at any stage since 1 January 2008.
(3) Given that CIT executive positions E522, E523 and E524 were filled on an acting basis "for a period of up to 6 months"from 1 January 2008, as notified in a 22 October 2007 email with heading "Executive Positions - Canberra Institute of Technology (Acting Arrangements), Expression of Interest Sought", why is it that (a) these positions were not advertised in the Gazette until 7 August 2008 and (b) the successful applicants for these positions were not notified in the Gazette until between 23 October 2008 and 2 April 2009.