Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 10 Hansard (22 September) . . Page.. 4434..
ACTION bus service—accidents (Question No 1720)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 16 August 2011:
(1) How many accidents involving ACTION buses have occurred, by month during (a) 2010 and (b) 2011 to date.
(2) How many accidents involving ACTION buses referred to in part (1) were caused by (a) excessive speed, (b) driver error and (c) other drivers error.
(3) How many of the accidents referred to in part (1) resulted in injury to (a) a bus driver, (b) another driver, (c) a pedestrian or cyclist and (d) passengers on an ACTION bus.
(4) How many of the accidents referred to in part (1), (a) were reported to ACT Policing and (b) resulted in an insurance or compensation claim of any sort.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) For the purposes of responding to this question, an accident is defined as any incident or occurrence where an ACTION bus impacts, or is impacted by another vehicle, object, structure, animal or person that is located on a road or road related area.
Month / Year 2010 2011 January 18 13 February 27 26 March 32 25 April 24 20 May 22 27 June 30 30 July 25 20 August 29 20* September 17 October 27 November 40 December 20 Total 311 181 * Incomplete data for this month
(2) (a) ACT Policing has advised that estimated vehicle speed is not recorded as a separately searchable data field in every case, and are not prepared to divert officer resources to search individual accident records to provide this answer.