Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 9 Hansard (25 August) . . Page.. 3991..
June 2011 Civic $58,263.00 $40,284.25 Woden $30,972.50 $64,124.50 Tuggeranong $2,150.00 $4,978.00 Belconnen $14,734.50 $10,069.00 Total $106,120.00 $119,455.75
Schools—capital funding (Question No 1725)
Mr Doszpot asked the Minister for Education and Training, upon notice, on 17 August 2011:
(1) What is the current progress of considering options for capital funding to non-government schools, using the closed interest subsidy scheme funding.
(2) Is the funding for the closed interest subsidy scheme still included in the forward estimates; if so, (a) what is the annual allocation of funding for the years 2011-12 to 2014-15, (b) what is the amount of funding that has lapsed each year since the closure of the scheme and (c) has any funding referred to in part 2(b) been rolled over or is it contained in prior year appropriations.
(3) If the funding for the closed interest subsidy scheme is not included in the forward estimates, what budget was the savings measure published in.
(4) How many outstanding loans are currently being funded under the scheme.
(5) What is the total value of outstanding interest payments for existing loans under this scheme and what is the breakdown of these payments for the years 2011-12 to 2014-15.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1) The Government has re-invested the excess funds in relation to the Interest Subsidy Scheme through new initiatives such as Disability Access and Information Communication Technology. Any unspent funds for the Interest Subsidy Scheme are rolled over in the following year's appropriation;
2) The 2011-12 budget and forward years includes an allocation for the Interest Subsidy Scheme;
a) The annual allocation of funding for the interest subsidy scheme are provided in the table below:
$m Interest Subsidy Scheme Funding 2.8 3.2 3.3 3.4